Thursday, June 25, 2015

The car is shipped to Florida

Today's a big milestone. Today is the day they picked up #1283 to be transported to SEO Motorsports in Florida. I had chosen an enclosed transporter and when they called ahead they said the trailer was 50+ feet long so forget pick-up outside the garage. I knew we were gonna have to push the car out to a more major street a block down the road. So we did.


On the lift and about to be packed in with a few exotics

Yes, the underside of the engine cradle was severly banged up by the Previous Owner. Ed will cut out the tangled skid plate and weld on a new stainless steel plate instead. It will be functional and look nice too.


... and off she goes.
I know a lot of people on dmctalk have had bad experiences with brokerage firms. Of course, you gotta do your homework but the one I selected - easycarmove.com - turned out great for me:
  • The terms of the agreements were explained up front; all the "gotchas" I had been told to look out for were addressed and totally fair
  • The shipping process was well explained and defined
  • The price was reasonable
  • The trucker was assigned once I had committed and contacted me promptly
  • The transport time was amazingly short: Pick up Thursday afternoon in north Texas, drop off Saturday morning in Florida less than 48 hours later
  • What I appreciated the most: The trucker and his assistent were courteous, professional and took their time inspecting and carefully securing car before they took off.

3 comments:

  1. We have always raved about using a car shipping service rather than towing the vehicle ourselves. On the road the car is exposed to dents and dings from rocks and other debris, not to mention the wear to the vehicle itself. Safely inside the car shipping box you have nothing to worry about when you use the company to move your vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate this post. I’ve been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thanks again! “One never goes so far as when one doesn’t know where one is going.

    Ship Car

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for one’s Good posting! I enjoyed reading it, I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great writing, have a nice evening! keeping this website

    Ship Car Hawaii

    ReplyDelete