Thursday, April 16, 2015

Car prepping - engine/transmission removal

Engine/auto transmission removal:
After living in harmony for 34 years it's time for the car and engine+tranny to say goodbye to each other. Yes, I spent some good money and a countless amount of labor to bring the stock engine up to close to perfect condition a few years ago. Everything that was not in tip-top shape was fixed, replaced, upgraded or improved. Well, one might say it was all for nothing but, hey, I achieved my goal and was very pleased with the results. I am not planning on ever selling the engine or auto transmission and even though it is very unlikely to ever be reinstalled in 1283 again, there is a certain value to keeping the matching numbers together.

A last view of the stock motor installed
 

Rear fascia removed
Although I wouldn't recommend it, furniture dollies worked pretty well
for moving the car around in the garage
... that's all there is to it
Not much left

No comments:

Post a Comment